Like us on Facebook

I HATE DON CARLTON


Having a 2 year old requires me to watch quite a bit of animated entertainment. A movie that has been on in my home quite a bit recently is Pixar's Monster's University. One of the new characters in this film is a monster named Don Carlton. Don is a member of the Ozzma Kapa fraternity and sports a mustache that would make Tom Selleck jealous. Don Carlton is the first Pixar character that I absolutely hate! I hate him with a passion because he perpetuates an enormous LIE about those of us who choose to go into sales. Don Carlton is yet another sales person the likes of Dwight Shrute or Tommy Callahan who is portrayed as a total loser.

Don Carlton enrolled at Monsters University with the hopes of becoming a scary monster.  After numerous failing attempts, Don was finally kicked out of the Scaring Program and told that he was no longer welcome there.  Don needed a back up plan since his chances of becoming a scary monster seemed slim to none. So after numerous failures Don chose to go into Sales. Don is portrayed in the film as an overweight loser who has very little self respect. Don Carlton perpetuates the lie that those who choose to go into sales are failures. I HATE DON CARLTON WITH A PASSION!

The following are a few reasons why I feel that going into sales was one of the best decisions of my life;
  1. I control my schedule and if I want to sleep in late or end the day early I can.... CAN YOU?
  2. I have a salary that more then covers my family's financial needs but in addition to that I have an un-capped commission plan that has me earning well over six figures.... DO YOU?
  3. I work from home when I want, I go into the office when I want, and I even work from Starbucks when I want.... CAN YOU?
  4. I get to meet numerous different types of people and businesses on a daily basis and hear their success stories... DO YOU?
  5. I get to help my clients grow and develop and I'm viewed by hundreds of business owners across the country as a resource they can turn to for advice... ARE YOU?
  6. I've randomly decided to work the entire week on a beach in Hawaii... HAVE YOU?
  7. I get an all expense paid vacation every single year to exotic resorts around the globe for simply meeting my goals... DO YOU?
I could keep that list going for a long time but I will stop there. Revenue is the life blood of any business. Sales generates revenue and thus serves as the "heart" pumping profits through any organization. I love sales because I love to meet new people. I love to listen to clients to see if there is anything I can do to help them overcome challenges or achieve their goals. I love sales and I'm a salesman because I want to be not because I have to. Although there might be a few "Don Carlton's" out there, I'm sure not one of them. Selling is my passion, Sales is my calling, Sales is MY CHOICE!

Long story short, Sales is not for losers.................. I HATE YOU DON CARLTON  








No comments:

Post a Comment